[Sca-cooks] AEthelmearc Cooks Guild website

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 26 17:51:59 PST 2002

On 26 Dec 2002, at 10:15, Adler, Chris wrote:

> For those of you home from work who are bored and don't feel quite overly
> stuffed with good holiday food, feel free to check out the updated
> AEthelmearc Cooks Guild website...

The main page is very nicely set up.  "If you want this, click here; if
you want that, click there..."  As someone who uses the web
heavily for research, both work and personal, I visit a lot of sites.
My first two criteria for a website (SCAdian or otherwise) is that it
have good content, and that the information be easy to locate.
Then I notice if it loads quickly (God save me from overuse of
graphics and embedded MIDIs!), if it is easy to read (NO
calligraphic fonts for the basic text, nor poorply-contrasting colors).
 Lastly, I notice if it is attractive to look at.  Your Guild page scores
high on all of the above.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net