[Sca-cooks] Innocent Sailors? OT

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 27 14:28:54 PST 2002

Dear Capt. Gedney,
Are you another SCAdian claiming to be innocent of mind? By your title, you're a sailor - and EVERYONE knows about sailors.
OBF - Tony was "real" Navy and spent a lot of time in the Far East. Tony's buds found out if he ate bad food, he threw up and ended up with a headache, not terminal food poisoning. So, after pulling into a new port, they would all take Tony out to eat. And if he ate without getting sick within 15 or 20 minutes, the other fellas would pork out, too.  Tony said the downside was they wouldn't let him drink the local alcoholic beverages.  They wanted to be sure he was getting sick on the food, not the rotgut.
The Tooth Fairy (Liadan - who would claim innocence, too, but she wouldn't tell a lie)
 Phlip quoted:> I do actually have some documentation for Early viking use of ropes and
> knots... From the Oseberg find, I believe...  I believe they could come in right handy for the purpose. if you are into that sort of thing.
>
> Capt. Elias Gedney
> (whistling innocently)

Whistle innocently all you like, dear Captain, but send me the information.
Now that my forge is set up, one thing I'd like to do is make decorative
ropes and knots out of metal.

Phlip