[Sca-cooks] He's back!

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sun Dec 29 21:01:44 PST 2002

Just  a quick note to let y'all know I'm back in town :-)

The drive from Montreal to Savannah was HORRID.  The last 115 miles were
done at no more than 35 mph.  Yesterday, did 10 miles in 45 minutes, and
that was BEFORE hitting the toll booths in New Jersey getting to Delaware,
then a bridge, then another toll booth.  ughhh.

Ate like a king in Quebec.  Some traditional holiday fare on the
24th.  Tourtiere (meat pie), with Ragout de patte (pig's paw stew, which is
basically a thickened cooking liquid in which you cooked the pig's feet,
take the meat apart, then make little balls of fried ground beef/pork
mixture wrapped in pie dough, the whole thing cooked in the juice.  Good
stuff).

My mum's boyfriend asked if I could cook him kidney, as he hadn't had the
good stuff in a long time (like 20 years), so I did.  Beef kidneys with a
grain mustard and cream sauce, served with some fondante potatoes..

At my dad's, we had some deer loin, that he'd been marinating in red wine,
some marquise potatoes, followed by a spread of raw milk, local cheeses
(YUMMMY!!!).

Following day we had confit de canard (duck leg slowly cooked in duck fat),
served with poached pears and cranberry sauce.  Some pate de foie gras to
start with.

Yeah, good stuff.  nothing very medieval, but good stuff :-)  Not counting
the wine.

Anyway, time for me to try to get to sleep.  Ciao, more later

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies
mka