Salted herring was Re: [Sca-cooks] OT-knots and medieval boats

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 30 09:35:24 PST 2002

> > Personally I can't understand why. The stuff makes me gag.
>
>The French can make a delicacy out of anything!
>Besides:  French remained a Catholic country and salted
>fish was an important protein source for those frequent
>fast days.

I really enjoy salted herrings.  Thing is, you must de-salt it before you
eat it :-)  Simmered then mixed in with mashed potatoes.  Classic dish
which name escapes me, but ohhh so yummy :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry