[Sca-cooks] Salted herring

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Dec 31 08:17:30 PST 2002

Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>>Awwwww, Jeeez, and here I am, having just safely expunged from my
>>short-term memory the latest bout of Pythonalia on my local group's
>>mailing list, and now all I can think about is The Fish-Slapping
>>Dance.
>
>That, my dear friend, will teach you to go on threatening to use corn oil
>in brandade!  <snort>  I knew I'd get you back somehow...  <grin>

Like a good 'Murrican, it is my duty to escalate. Here we go!

Canned tuna,

Potato Buds,

Mazola,

Cremora/water solution,

Garlic salt...

Mmmmmmm! A whiff of Provence!

>And a merry New year to you ;-)

Am actually expecting some improvements; will have to think of a use
for the box of frozen, whole prawns in my freezer, which She Who Must
Be Obeyed has decreed must be used up before the Real New Year next
month. I'm thinking of the Spanish dish which involves too much
garlic and olive oil, in which you saute the prawns, whose pan juices
emulsify with the oil. I believe the Portuguese do this with salt
cod, the gelatinous section from just behind the gills and head, but
this is one of the few seafood dishes where the seafood itself is
almost secondary to the sauce, which you mop up with bread or saffron
rice.

So am looking forward to a much nicer New Year than the one we're
finishing up... ;-) Happy New Year to all, and to all... a... Happy
New Year!

A.