[Sca-cooks] OT:beet pulp and horses was black sugar

Gary Walker gerekr at ravensgard.org
Fri Feb 1 18:58:28 PST 2002

on 1/29/02 8:01 AM, WyteRayven at aol.com at WyteRayven at aol.com wrote:

> I know many people who use beet pulp in addition to other fodder for their
> horses. ...
> Ilia

not a new idea either.  When I was ... between 2 and 5 I guess ? (that would
be around 1949-52) ... my father managed a "gentleman's farm" with horses
("Sahar" is the short form of the name of the pretty fellow with me on his
back, about 18 months?, in my Sunday coat, so probably Arabians) and cattle
of some sort (BIG ole breeding bulls) for a couple of years.  one of my
favorite things to do when I got near the barns was to sneak a handful of
little hard curly black bits -- dried beet pulp!  maybe that's where I got
my liking for chewy textures, 8-)!!

Chimene