good tea was RE: [Sca-cooks] Packets!!!

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net bonneoftraquair at netscape.net
Wed Feb 13 13:03:22 PST 2002

"Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:
...>see...someone couldn't resist...returned from England with way too much
>chocolate and goodies......WOW..IT'S FROM OUR HELEWYSE!...  The aroma coming
>out of the box is heavenly.  That tea does _not_ smell like the Earl Grey I
>have ever smelled before.  It says here you got it at a tea merchant in
>Bath.  Now I need to send this off and go make a cup.

Yes, british tea is entirely different from american tea.  Even British brands like Twineings aren't exporting the same stuff you buy there.  My hubby says it's like they ship the tea dust from the bottom of the bin here.  At Christmas his mum fills in the empty spots of the gift shipment with little boxes of plain old grocery store brand tea (Not Sainsbury's, the other one) and it's better than the Twineings I was getting at the import store.

Bonne