[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1424 - 14 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Fri Feb 15 08:18:50 PST 2002

First and best suggestion is get ye hence to a celiac website. i have posted
a rice based batter bread that is most suitable onlist before, Adamantius
may still have a copy of it lurking on his hard drive, I am at work and am
very limited in what I can actually do vis-a-vis searching online to provide
urls...

as to dairy, why are you fixated on switching him to soy milk? have you an
incredibly overwhelming need for him to drink a chalky looking white liquid?
Milk is not the best and ultimate source of munchkin nutrition available. If
you want it for cereal liquifying, well - as a celiac he can't have cereal
anyway ;-)

margali

the quote starts here:
Delurking here to ask if anyone knows of any good resources for
implementing a GFCF (i.e., wheat Gluten-Fee Casein-Free, as in no wheat no
dairy) diet either in period or out of period or both.  I may have to do it
for my son's health, and his favorite foods (and practically his *only*
foods) are bread, crackers, cheese, spaghetti, chocolate milk, and
juice.  As far as I know only the juice is GFCF. What do I cook?  I
switched him to soy milk but so far he doesn't like it.  Those of you who
have wheat and/or dairy allergies or cook for someone who does, please let
me know how to go about this.  I love traditional baked goods and dairy
products and don't personally have any known food allergies so I never had
to worry about it for myself.

Thanks in advance,

Inga/Linda