[Sca-cooks] how to assess advice

Cindy crma at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 18 22:21:53 PST 2002

I have a question about something that has been bugging me for some
time.  I am fairly new to the SCA and I get advice from some of my
local people and wonder just how good it is.

For example, they told me that T-tunics in period were not made with
gores. Yet I can find on-line documentation which sites primary sources
to show that they were indeed made that way during the SCA period.  I
was also told that someone's cookbook (of period recipes) was inaccurate.
In light of the tunic comment I'm not sure about this one either.
None of the people who told me this were Laurels in those subjects.
(One of them is a Laurel; the other isn't.)

How can one determine whether or not what you are being told is
accurate?  I'd like to get a cookbook of period recipes but I want
to get a good one!  Thanks for your advice!!

--

Adelheid Wolfensberger (mka Cindy Ferguson)
crma at ix.netcom.com