[Sca-cooks] food and eating in paintings

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Feb 19 09:00:52 PST 2002

Arte said:
> I know more recently there are little salter spoons, so I would assume that
> your idea of using a knife would probably be right.  But I'm not sure, of
> course.  I actually need to start looking up paintings of people eating now
> for a project.  Yeay.

We have had some discussions on paintings that showed various foods
and folks eating. Perhaps this file in the Florilegium might give
you a head start in your search:
fd-paintings-msg  (14K)  6/ 1/00    Period paintings that show food
items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/fd-paintings-msg.html

Of course, if you find any more that are not listed or reviewed here,
please feel free to post to the list or send me email...

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net