[Sca-cooks] more Pasta in Purgatory, or: Pass the Parmesan, Please!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Feb 20 09:11:58 PST 2002

Greetings!

Johanna listed this site as possible fun:
http://www.pastainmuseum.com/frame_inglese/index_inglese.htm

And of course it made me hungry!

Comment I made though- if you look at the site or have looked at it
already: check out the restrictions for using the library there!

Folks, these restrictions are not uncommon. I have heard from academic
aquaintances of similar rules and restrictions in libraries, mostly in
Europe. It is next to impossible to get in, and when you can, actually
accessing the materials is tough, much less using them. Copying? HA!

Stuff like this is why I am seldom sympathetic when someone whines about
academics being close-lipped about their work, sitting on stuff for
years, about texts costing a fortune, etc. Work on a book for years and
then find out the document you need is in a library only open to tenured
professors working under a particular research grant in a month with and
R in it and on a Bulgarian Saint's day during water-skiing season...

Enough ranting. I will so back to pushing my rock around here in
Purgatory, and try not to think pasta with lots of parmesan and fresh
basil and Roma tomatoes and maybe some chopped hazelnuts and fresh
cracked pepper...

'Lainie