[Sca-cooks] cheesecake

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Feb 20 12:04:35 PST 2002

Adelheid Wolfensberger commented:
> Thanks for all the advice!  I've got a lot of websites to look at!
>
> At our first feast someone brought potato salad!  I was really stunned
> to see such a food there.  We took cheesecakse.  It was from a modern
> recipe but since I was sewing until the minute we left that was all
> we had time for (I had garb for 5 to make - my husband actually made
> the cheesecake.)  Now we'd like to see period recipes for that and
> other dishes we can share.

Well, at the risk of adding yet another file/website to your
list to look at, there is this file in the FOOD section of the
Florilegium:
cheesecake-msg    (40K)  7/ 6/01    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheesecake-msg.html

Since most of the period recipes that show up on this list eventually
end up in the Florilegium, you might find browsing through the
various food sections there to be of interest. The top of the
Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net