[Sca-cooks] OOP-A Great Dining Experience

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Wed Feb 20 18:03:11 PST 2002

We just went to the local Community College's Culinary program training
restaurant.  All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.  The prices
are fantastic, since they are mainly covering cost of ingredients and
the portions not huge, but definitely adequate.  We were able to have
salad/soup, entree, desert, and spanish coffee without becoming overly
stuffed and the bill came to only $30 per couple (that's in tiny
Canadian dollars).

We were very pleased with the quality of the food (yummm!) and the Chef
came out at the end of the meal to get feedback.  Our friend Daniel
didn't hesitate to pump him for cooking tips and trade secrets.  Some of
our dishes included: grilled thai swordfish on market greens with spicy
peanut vinaigrette, grilled tournedos of beef on wilted spinach, duck
spring roll salad with chili sauce, roast pork stuffed with caremelised
date and pecan, fillet mignon with wild mushroom ragout, caramel torte
with pecans, creme brule, chocolate soufle, well you get the idea...

If you have a culinary school in your area that provides this service, I
would highly recommend giving it a try - we had a great time, since the
service was not rushed and the seving staff were training too.

Faerisa