[Sca-cooks] Salt in Purgatory

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Feb 20 22:54:14 PST 2002

Well, this funny fellow named Stefan said:

> Ah, but perhaps it just depends upon the size of the body...
>
> But what is a slug queen doing with a salt shaker, anyway...

And so I must point out that I did say it was atop of my coronet, that
lovely delight such as rests upon my slimey brow. My coronet, for those
who have not seen it (almost all of you) appears thusly: it has a base
covered in orange felt, upon which are two beyootiful banana slugs (that
is, yellow), combatant regardant, lined and marked brown, with green
googly frog eyes. Between them, in the place of highest honor, the peak
of this pulchritudinous pageantry- the Saltshaker. Our Greatest Fear and
Mightiest Weapon, in one, there, in the center. When I wear it, it shows
to all that I fear nothing! Not ever hideous, sizzling, gruesome,
bubbling, icky death, but to serve my Fellow Slugs and Eugeneans of any
sort, be they gastropods, or sadly, confined to life on two feet. It
also says that I am strong and invincible and that I have taped the top
shut for public appearances! (Have to to set an example and practice
safe salt, you know!).

Besides that, I always have the salt handy for a midnight baked potato,
or a margarita!

You should know me better by now, Stefan... ;-D)

'Lainie