[Sca-cooks] Placebos.

Vladimir Armbruster vladimir_armbruster at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:12:28 PST 2002

I'm not going to go into it, too much, how much I *HATE* placebos.  Ya see, I'm a 'REAL PAIN' kinda guy.  I've been on pain killers twice in my life, both times for a case of strep so severe if I hadn't behaved myself it woulda been scarlatina.  In order to be able to ingest ANYTHING, I had to take Percocet.

Placebos are evil evil things that should be reserved for those people who honest to god only THINK they are in pain.  Like elderly folks with 'heart conditions' that don't show up on cardiac monitoring, etc..  Maybe the occasional hypocondriac.. (Though from what I know of them, they'll be diabetics soon enough with a sugar based placebo).

I'm almost off my soapbox, but let me say in closing that I rarely see justification for deception as a method of medical treatment.

Off the Soapbox,
Vladimir