[Sca-cooks] Access to the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 26 23:29:44 PST 2002

Dana/Ximena commented:
> The thing about the Florilegium is, I only have internet
> access at work -- lunches, breaks, staying a little late.
> Most of that gets taken up with e-mail.  I'm afraid to go
> into the Florilegium in any depth; if I didn't get any work
> done all afternoon they'd notice.  So I was hoping I could
> trick you guys into doing all the work for me.
>
> Having a specific point to raid, I can risk it.  Much less
> likely to get sucked into other files that way.  Thanks!

There are other ways to access the material in the Florilegium besides
directly over the web, although that is the easiest.

One way to find out what is there with less searching through
multiple webpages, is to download the filelist from the site. Print
this out, or scan it using a word processor. Then having found
what you are looking for, go to the site and download those
particular files. Unfortunately, I've let the filelist on the
site get a month or more out of date. I will try to fix this. You
can also email me directly and I can email you the filelist. It
is about 32 pages long currently, I think.

I can also email you any of the files in either Word, RTF or text
formats. If it is only a file or two, I can usually get those to
you within a day or so. I can handle more, but it will depend upon
my schedule.

I have also offered, but so far no one has taken me up on it, to
put the Florilegium on a CD-ROM or Zip disk. I fit everything in
all formats on a CD-ROM. With the disk, it would need to be a
single format. Just be aware that this would be a snapshot and
would get more and more obsolete as time passed.

Does this help?

Stefan

PS: Two hours ago, I managed to wipe out all my email here at
home. I may be able to recover most stuff through Jan. 21. If
you've sent me email and wanted a reply, you may want to send
it to me again. :-(

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net