[Sca-cooks] New and Kewl Kitchen Acquisitions <g>

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Feb 27 22:15:29 PST 2002

I'm doing the happy dance <g>.....
My order from the Pepperer's Guild came in today.....
I got mastic, so I can play with sugar plate,
and sumac berries,
and long pepper,
and true cinnamon (much paler and more delicately scented than the
cassia I'm used to),
and whole mace (now, that stuff is *funky* looking, and definitely more
powerful than the ground stuff I've got),
and nigella seed, so's I can finally, finally make Byzantine murri
(waa-hoo),
and saunders (which has a very pleasant, not overly perfumey scent, and
is kind of a ruddy orange color, like terra cotta clay),
and, oh yes (chortle, chortle) *REAL* verjus......

--Maire's ready to part-eee....Maire's ready to part-y.....<ggg>