[Sca-cooks] Re: Tea (arrrrrrr)

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Thu Feb 28 12:52:35 PST 2002

Adamantius reverberated:
> ye know... wha' Harrrrrry Harrrrrrrrrrrrrison
>rrrrrrrr -- 'scuse me, lass, Ahm stuck ---- rr. There, thot's
>betterr.
>Noote tae self: must get that RRRRR looked at... possibly a wee bit
>o' lubrrrication is in orrrder.
I am irrestistably reminded of the Goon Show episode where the voice of
Inspectorrrrrrr McGrrrrrregorrrrrr was perpetually backed with faint
bagpipe music, and where Neddie Seagoon shouts, "Drive me to the station!"
to which the Inspectorrrr responds "Arrrr! Arrrrrrrrrr!
ARRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" like a car starting up and driving away...

OB food content: the Goon Show, of course, is the originator of the Guided
Naafi, a self-launch missile capable of producing 40 000 cups of tea within
7 seconds of impact...

Alas, RIP Spike Milligan.
JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.