[Sca-cooks] colored tart lids, was Re: Cookcon

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Feb 3 17:16:52 PST 2002

Cindy replied to me with:
> >If this is something that would stand alone rather than being an
> >appendix to another article, I might suggest writing it for the
> >Florilegium. :-)
>
> Can your Florilegium handle pictures, Stefan? (I've been invited to do
> these at Pennsbury Manor next month in their stone oven, & I want to show
> some pictures of the process. )If not, I think I'll do it as a web page,
> but here is a brief description.

Yes, I can handle pictures. It takes a bit more and usually some
changes in the procedures I use for a strictly text file. The prime
reason you don't see more pictures in the Florilegium is that most
of my material comes from newsgroups and mail lists and those
typically don't allow pictures. When it comes to submitted articles,
I need permission to use the pictures. If these are photos the
author has taken this isn't a problem. But when they are from a
book the issue gets more complicated. While I'm more than happy
to credit the original publication, this may not be enough.

> >But if you are quick enough perhaps Mem can get it into the
> >CooksCon2 proceedings. (Which I've already ordered, by the way)
>
> She's already "gone to press". Alas! I had no time to write this up
> properly before the conference.

Oh well. I couldn't remember her deadlines and I thought it might
be worth looking at.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net