[Sca-cooks] Ok Ya'll are the only ones who will understand...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 4 10:43:04 PST 2002

>For the new and uneducated.....can you explain?

Seems Nichola got, or is getting, some nice new knives. Nowadays much
of the world seems to be getting by with thin aluminum pans and
knives sharpened once by laser, to be used a couple of years and then
thrown away after a finger or two are lost due to dull edges. This is
because there are relatively few really serious cooks anymore.

Henckel's make some rather nice knives, which, with care, can give,
oh, 30 or 40 years of excellent service, maybe more. I imagine the
three-piece set might include a chef's knife, a utility knife and a
parer (for my money ditch the utility knife and get a good honing
steel).

My mom raised me on Henckel's, although I don't own any at present,
using instead a mishmash of Sabatiers, Wusthofs, Forschners,
Victorinox, and the ever-popular F. Dick & Co...

Adamantius