[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

Jaime Declet jjdeclet at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 12:02:20 PST 2002

  "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

Coconut milk has a different array of fats, of course. And I'll never
forget the day I was at Polynesian Cultural Center (North Shore, Oahu)
and the guy (someone I knew from high school) hacked open a coconut and
wrung out the meat. There is this 'water' inside that is good to drink,
but the 'milk' is another matter. You can cook with it, and he let us
taste it, but he told everyone (and it is true) that if you drink it
like milk you will spend the rest of your vacation in the little hut!

Hey Olwen- I've been wondering- Could you uses the almond sawdust from
almond milk to make marzipan? Or doesn't it work anymore? Just curious.

'Lainie

He was write about that concerning too much coconut milk specially if it is the heavy type.  If you like coconut milk try making rice pudding with it.  Split the the amount of milk requiered for the recipe milk and coconut.

Jaime