[Sca-cooks] OT- Woe is me!

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 16:15:40 PST 2002

At 03:03 PM 2/6/02,Glenda Robinson said something like:

>Anyone else got some good ideas for soft foods that are fairly plain (his
>palate's not strong on herbs and spices as yet), that can be cooked by a
>one-handed cook, and an assistant?
>
>Glenda
>(typing with one hand)

I wasn't there, I wasn't near, I had NOTHING to do with Glenda having a day
straight out of my life, REALLY.

As for nice soft foods, YES!

Rice pudding comes to mind, the one my grandmother made involved 1/2 - 3/4
cup of rice in a quart of milk, sweetened with sugar, flavored with
cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever .. and baked in a very slow oven. Stir in
raisins during the last hour or so (otherwise they melt, turn into sludge,
and color the entire affair an odd pink).

There's also chicken and dumplings. Thats chicken, cooked (doh), flour
thickened broth, add veggies that you like and will eat, then I float
teaspoon size chunks of drop biscuits on top of the broth and let them
slowly simmer til the biscuits are done.  I'd probably shred that chicken a
heckuvalot before adding the flour, broth, etc.

Good luck, God bless, and remember, there's always chocolate pudding and
ice cream!!

Regards,
Maggie MacD.