[Sca-cooks] Brown Sauce vs. Garum vs Nuoc Mam

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:02:43 PST 2002

I did a search on the Dr. Rick Jones
who was mentioned in the article.
There is a webpage for Bradford University's
Pompeii project at:
http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/archsci/field_proj/anampomp/index.html

And there is this dinner menu  that I found:
An Invitation to DINNER AT THE HOUSE OF THE VESTALS
by Rick Jones
This menu is based on the foods found in the
excavations in the House of the Vestals at Pompeii,
interpreted through the recipes in Apicius' Art of Cooking.

http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/archsci/field_proj/anampomp/index.html

Just thought that people might like to see some
more about what they are doing and even serving...

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis