[Sca-cooks] Cake question

Mike Macchione drkael at home.com
Thu Feb 7 11:56:03 PST 2002

> >>That would be right angled.  You bake it in a square pan.  I prefer
right
> >>tined myself.
> >But, what if you cook it in a round pan?  Uh-oh... Kyle, Mr. Math, what
> >would we call it then?  Tangential?  Would that have to be tangerine
> >flavored?
> Well, I'm pretty sure that if you cooked it in a round pan with a hole in
> the middle it would be then called a donut.

Magdalena... didn't you learn anything in my class.....

If this cake were circular it would be a halo....  which would keep it just
out of reach...of mere mortals..... so it would be disconnected from all of
us and in that case you would have to see some other  mathematician for all
of my research was on connected spaces....

and the fork must be right tined, for a left tined fork would be sinister
and that would be more appropriate for a devil's food cake.....

Kael

and I wonder why I can't get a job.....