[Sca-cooks] Elizabethan Pork

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Feb 8 07:11:37 PST 2002

>Anybody have the recipe for Elizabethan Pork?  Our guild mistress is talking
>about it and I'd like to know the recipe cuz she didn't include it.

Can you describe this alleged Elizabethan Pork? I ask, because while
there are probably a number of pork recipes that are Elizabethan
(although most of those are probably for some kind of cured pork,
pickled brawn, bacon, etc.), I have never heard of one called by that
name. I'm assuming that this is a modern nickname for a period dish.
Did Elizabethans know they were Elizabethans?

Adamantius, with a nightmare scenario in which his distant progeny
refers to him as "Bushian"

Sorry if I sent this twice. Eudora strikes again...