[Sca-cooks] Re: OT- Woe is me

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 22:34:51 PST 2002

--- Michelle Gilyeat <mikeylou2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Philippa Alderton <phlip_u at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > who has been through braces, including the
> headband,
> > retainers, speech therapies, dentures, bridges,
> > implants, and numerous oral surgeries.
>
> *wince*  I'm sorry.  :(

Oh, heavens, don't be ;-) The problem is simply that I
had too many large teeth in a small mouth. Yes, folks,
there are a number of professionals out there, who
will swear _I_ have a small mouth ;-)

And if you think about it, that's something I'd much
rather have to deal with than things like diabetes,
heart problems, or food allergies. Believe me, I
consider myself well off, as far as health goes ;-)

> I have a partially slipped disk in my right jaw.
> He's trying to get
> my jaw realigned so that the disk will stay in place
> and hte
> ligiments will heal.  After wearing the splint for
> 24 hours, I can
> definately say that my dentist was right.  The first
> few days will
> hurt like hell.
>
> *sniffle*

Yeah, TMJ, or one of its manifestations. I know it
hurts, and as he said, it will hurt like Hell for a
few days, but if you can tough it out, after that
things will stretch to where they need to be, and
you'll be feeling a lot better faster than you think
;-)

> -Michelle

I'm rooting for you- been, if not quite there, in
similar situations.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,