[Sca-cooks] Cooking with Bonzer- or, Adventures in ModernCooking

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 9 06:54:12 PST 2002

IIRC, the way this works is Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldavia were
independent principalities formed in the 13th Century from parts of the
Roman province of Dacia.  All are now part of Romania.

Transylvania is northwest Romania, and is north of the Transylvanian Alps.
Wallachia is southwestern Romania, south of the Transylvanian Alps.
Moldavia is eastern Romania.  For much of the Middle Ages, the regions were
dominated by Germans and Hungarians.  After the 14th Century, Wallachia and
Moldavia were controlled by the Ottomans and Transylvania was a disputed
region between Turkey, Hungary, Austria and the Ukraine.

Wallachia and Moldavia were united in the mid-19th Century to form Romania.
Transylvania was annexed from Hungary in 1919.

Vlad Tepes was Prince of Wallachia.

Bear