[Sca-cooks] Final decision on GW?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Feb 10 19:15:47 PST 2002

 Madhavi Bai asked:
> Was there ever a final decision made on having a list luncheon/party at Gulf
> Wars? I'm trying to plan my activities, which are piling up rapidly! I would
> really, really like to meet you all face to face and be able to share some
> of the redactions I'm working on. There was a bunch of discussion about last
> years Pennsics party, but I don't think anyone made a final decision on
> having a party at Gulf Wars. If anyone wants to do it, I vote for a private
> party, and you have to bring food or supplies to participate.

You must have missed the two messages that I posted about it. There
was some question of whether tent space would be available, but I
did get some.

The Gulf Wars Known World Cooks' Potluck will be
Thursday, 5pm - 7pm in Class Tent 2.

Here is the announcement I will be trying to get posted at Gulf Wars
and on some mail lists prior to Gulf Wars. As mentioned earlier, since
the posted deadline was wrong on the Gulf Wars website, this did not
get into the Gulf Wars event booklet.

>Known World Cooks Pot Luck -  Come all camp
>cooks, feast cooks, researchers, and those who wish
>to learn about medieval food, recipes, and
>preparation styles. Anyone is welcome! If possible
>please bring a dish (enough to share with six
>others), a beverage and feast gear.

If this looks familar, it may be because I took some of this from
Mordonna's (?) announcement for the Estrella War get-together.

Last year there were more visitors than folks from this list at
the potluck. I'm hoping that this year there will be more folks
from this list there. I mean, do you really want *Stefan* to be the
main representative of the list that is there?

So, y'all come on out! Ya hear? :-)
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net