[Sca-cooks] OT- Input request from SCA BoD/politics

Mike Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Mon Feb 11 04:45:38 PST 2002

The SCA is one of the only RE-enactment or Educational groups that doesn't
require membership to participate. The Members for the most part are the
dedicated ones, the non-members tend to be the ones who complain the most.
I do find the solution everyone seems to like in the heartland of the
midwest, Non member surcharges, to be a most revolting thing.  It not only
doesn't encourage membership, it keeps people away from events.

As for what needs fixing about the BoD, Let us start with the method of
election, we need a better one, The proposal of the nine kings sucks. We
need a method where everyone that is a member has a chance to decide who is
on the Board. The stockholders (members) need a voice, not just the BoD
picking who it likes.
Thorbjorn

---