[Sca-cooks] freeze free Caid

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net bonneoftraquair at netscape.net
Mon Feb 11 12:11:20 PST 2002

"Karen O" <kareno at lewistown.net> wrote:

>> Selene, in Sunny [#$%^ freezing] Southern California, Caid
>
>        Nononono   Caid is not a freeze zone.  It may be cooler than you
>like  during the winter months at night, and there MAY be a SLIGHT frost on
>the ground,  but it is not "freezing."

On the day in question, it was 28 degrees in Laguna Beach.  And that, my friends is below freezing anywhere. (It seems the cold air from the tops of the mountains sinks right down the canyons and comes out at the coast at Laguna.  Brrr.)  For a couple of weeks the weather around here has been suspiciously wintry.  But over the past weekend, it got warm even for here in February.  When it passed 85 degrees, we went to the beach.

The winds were BLOWING though.  The several commercial nurseries I often drive by will likely take all week to stand up the thousands of containers of plants that had been blown over by the wind.

Bonne, in Orange County, south of L.A.