[Sca-cooks] Eastern European History Cooking with Bonzer. . .

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 23:22:48 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/11/2002 1:06:02 AM Mountain Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> Or a Germanized variant of his actual name (so speaks Gwydion ap
> Adamnan, a.ka. G. Tacitus Adamantius). For example, I believe Paul
> Kovi, in his intro reference to Rumpolt, refers to him as Marcus
> Rumpoldt, and it took me a while to figure out who he meant.

And in that case it is now next to impossible to tell what the original was.
It just looks like an odd  German name now.

> I think "little Wallachia" isn't so much to distinguish it from some
> other Wallachia, as with, say, White Russia, just a reference to its
> being little, probably in comparison to various enemies. Not unlike
> the occasional references we see to Little Israel; they're still just
> talking about Israel.

Quite possible, especially since I haven't found any other reference to it
yet.  It's been a fun exercise at any rate

> You ought to read it: it's an abysmal story, well written, as opposed
> to "Frankenstein," which is a glorious story, abysmally written. But
> you should probably read Rumpolt first ;-).

I probably should, however any of these books would be more interesting than
my current reading selections at work, but anything is probably more
interesting that state workers' compensation statutes. :->

Noemi