[Sca-cooks] Fun with cream cheese (pictures!)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:11:29 PST 2002

Thanks.  He was pretty cute.  Sculpting him didn't take all that long.  I
started with a three pound block of cream cheese and two very clean hands
and began with the tail section and built it up from there.  I had to prop
him up with chestnuts because, unlike marzipan, cream cheese will eventually
fall.  I had to rethink the scales when I realized I couldn't get any more
green cherries.  A neighbor came in to chat while I was working on the
scales so it was really only a conversations worth of time to do that part.
He had slivered almonds for toenails and fangs and current eyes and a red
cherry forked tongue.  His scales were green cherries, citron and candied
orange peel around his neck and his legs.  Lord Hans gave him flight with
the piped white (not)chocolate wings.  That made a big difference.

Lord Barre, our Master of the Hall, came up with a great schtick of a
presentation.  He had the Baronial archer and men at arms process in and
then they gave reasons why they felt it not their place to slay the dragon,
then a knife was handed to the Baron and he was asked to strike the killing
blow.  It was great!
Olwen