[Sca-cooks] It's my coronation...

Jim and Andi icbhod at home.com
Thu Feb 14 11:55:32 PST 2002

.Mine's easy, it's the feast I've been planning for 2 years...

The theme is set on a historical event. The Mughal Emporer Akbar in Agra
(North India) was famous for his religious tolerance and often invited
different holy men from Islam and Hindu sects to come to his palace and have
religious debates. He decided to send an emissary to the Christian
Portuguese colony of Goa some 1200 miles south to invite some Christians to
the palace for a religious debate. The Monks at Goa were frothing at the
mouth to win as important a coversion as the Mughal Emperor, so they sent 3
of the most important and famous Jesuit missionary priests of the time. One
was from Persia, one was from Portugal, and one was from Italy. I have
*always* wanted to do a feast based on the meeting of these priests; with
one course of the best food from Persia, Italy, Portugal, and Mughal India.
I haven't done it yet, but I've been working on the menu forever and I have
some kick-butt, drool all over yourself recipes gathered. For those of you
coming to Gulf Wars, I'm going to bring to the potluck the recipe I've
chosen for Mughal India, which is a 7-layer Royal Biryani decorated with
silvered meatballs and whole fruits. But it would have to be served all at
once on piled carpets and pillows on the floor with live tambour players and
dancers.... ahhhhhhh......

Wait a second... if it's my Coronation, someone else is supposed to be
cooking!! Well, call this my "unlimited budget dream feast" then!

Madhavi Bai