[Sca-cooks] Everyone gone already?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Feb 14 20:33:16 PST 2002

>  > be donuts, blinis, krullers, waffles, fritters, cakes (King Cakes?) --
>>  but in England pancakes are popular.  Apparently, there's even a
>>  pancake race in Olney, Buckinghamshire, dating from 1445 that involves
>>  frying while running towards a church.
>>
>>  Lovely traditions.  I feel an A&S research paper coming on.
>>  "Plastic Baby Jesus: Pre-Lenten Traditions in Western Europe and Their
>>  Effects on Modern New World Celebrations".
>>
>>  Probably been done before, though.  Time for more research.
>  > ____________________________________________________________________
>  > Iyad ibn al-Thu'ban ibn Bisharo

This practice allegedly dates back to the Little Ice Age of the 14th
through the 19th centuries, wherein certain Christian sects would
sing about how they didn't care if it rains or freezes, 'long as they
had their plastic Jeezus, stuck between th' layers of their cake.
Apparently, it didn't matter if you were King or peasant: it glowed
in the dark, 'twas pink and pleasant. But don't bite down on it fer
Heaven's sake...

Awright, enough, goinnabednow.

Adamantius