[Sca-cooks] Everyone gone already?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Fri Feb 15 06:41:57 PST 2002

I'm not sure of all of the particulars, but I believe the tradition had to
do with finding the pickle bringing good luck to the person who located it.
In later years, rather than using a real pickle, the pickle has been made of
blown glass.  I'm not sure which culture in Europe came up with the idea,
but I have seen pickle ornaments for sale....

Kiri