[Sca-cooks] immersion blenders and stocks.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Feb 15 18:03:55 PST 2002

Phlip writes:

>From
>what Adamantius said, the _blue-claw_ crabs he was
>mentioning in Europe were just as hard shelled as our
>_blue_ crabs, but they used the perversion blender to
>chop them up.

It looks as if I was unclear...

The restaurant in question was in New York; Provencal was its
cuisine, not its location. The crabs were  callinectes sapidus,
blue-claw, sometimes known as "blue" crabs, which do have blue on
their claws, but are not otherwise really blue, so are more commonly
known as "blue-claw crabs" around here... they are the same crab used
on most of the East Coast for crab cakes, she-crab soup, crab
imperial, etc. Ya know. Crabs.

Yes, they were hard-shelled, but not as hard as the perversion
blender... in the battle of crab versus blades, the crabs invariably
lost.

Adamantius