[Sca-cooks] EK Cooks' Guild

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Feb 17 10:25:53 PST 2002

>Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the East Kingdom Cook's Guild,
>if such a thing still exists? They have a registered badge, so they must
>have existed at some point, but they're not listed on the EK website.
>
>Avraham

The East Kingdom Cooks' Guild would have been active in around AS IX
or X, or, rather, prior to. Their charter can be found somewhere in
the Østgardrian cooking pages at ostgardr.org , but it hasn't been
active for a long time. The trouble is that the guild's organization,
works pretty well when your population is a couple of hundred, but
when it exceeds several thousand, its effectiveness wanes a bit.
Looking at the charter now, some of its stated purpose, the ranking
system, etc., seem kind of dated.

What I would rather see installed is an ongoing Collegium with a
group of cooks whose purpose is to be the culinary Triple-A, or, as
Countess Brekke has been known to call them, "Have Knives, Will
Travel". They could keep a database of worked-out recipes, etc.

Ostgardr has, in the past, held well-attended Cook's Collegia, but
sort of dropped the ball when other groups asked to host it (IMO the
response should have been, "Sure, hold a Cook's Collegium, ours is in
May,") and either mismanaged the events or simply never held them.

For various reasons I will happily discuss off-list, I feel it
essential for Ostgardr to hold another Cook's Collegium between the
months of April and October of this year...

Adamantius