[Sca-cooks] Thumiyya - Andalusi Garlic Chicken

Steve s.mont at verizon.net
Mon Feb 18 09:00:13 PST 2002

--
<snippage of discussion for space and relevance>

>>          My interpretation of the above recipe would be that the
>>chicken is left whole, but the seasonings, including the garlic
>>smashed with whatever set of internal organs and fried, are just put
>>in the pan around or coating the chicken.
>>          Personally, i would like to use the chicken cut up and mixed
>>with the seasonings, as in my experience the chicken meat will be
>>more flavorful.
>
>Probably a trade-off. I'm inclined to agree with you, but many would
>argue that a whole bird is juicier.
It would also depend on how many people are being served and how.  For a
small group of people who were comfortable with whole birds I might either
use cornish hens or roast whole and give each person half a bird.  For
volume feeding I would probably serve cut up pieces. Either bought in
pieces with tubs of innards, or bought whole and portioned depending on
costs and sales.

Æduin