[Sca-cooks] guess the mistake, was RE: Chocolate chip cookies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 18 17:59:18 PST 2002

>What about a bad batch or old baking powder?
>You might read what Shirley Corriher says about
>these cookies in Cookwise and there also has been
>articles in Cooks Illustrated through the years.
>Johnnae
>Johnna Holloway

I'm not a big CCC-maker, so please forgive this question if inane...
do they _call_ for baking powder? I don't recall a lot of cookies
that do, offhand. I think most of their puff comes from steam and
gluten expansion... however, before I go speaking ex cathedra, I
should think about looking at a recipe...

Adamantius, who is vaguely aware that people do eat chocolate chip
cookies, but never gave them too much thought