[Sca-cooks] A project for Olwen

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:30:41 PST 2002

>Olwen said, after previously complaining because she couldn't think of
>a new project to do:
> > Now I don't know about you, but I imagine something kinda like a half
>round
> > curve shape that is a whole lamprey bound in a pastry with it's tail
>hanging
> > out one end and it's head, complete with whole nutmeg in it's mouth,
>hanging
> > out the other.  Maybe it's just me.  Whatever the case, I do not think
>you
> > could get anyone in out Barony to eat it.
>
>There's your next project. Illusion food, rather than sotelitie. Out
>of marzipan. You'll know you've succeeded when your barony won't
>eat it either, until you convince them that it's marzipan and not
>lamprey. You could make the teeth out of sugar paste.
>
>And if you do it, I want to see the photos.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

Oh stop Stefan.  As it is when half the folks in the Kingdom see me sitting
anywhere near a table laiden with food they approch it slowly, scanning to
see if they can spot the faux food _before_ it gets in their mouths!
Remember the shrimp?
http://communities.msn.com/OlwensOddities/pennsicxxx.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=23
  Just one example.

Olwen