[Sca-cooks] Andouille Sausage?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Feb 21 00:16:27 PST 2002

While reading through lots of fantastic online resources in preparation for
an al fresco banquet that I'll be doing in June, I found a reference to
andouille sausage in "Du Fait de Cuisine".

All they mention is how it was served, what it was served with, etc.

I am curious, how would an andouille sausage of that period been spiced?

I've already played with bratwurst recipes, the one Sabine Welserin wrote
was received with great gusto by my guinea pigs already.  The spicing
difference between it and the modern version of the recipe was very marked.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic,
Yours in service and ALL humility,

Maggie MacD.