[Sca-cooks] Reporting a successful (and quick) soltie

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:49:23 PST 2002

>Last Saturday night was the local (Willowby Vale - Ipswish, Queensland,
>Australia) Red & White Valetines feast. I was requested by the Feast
>Steward to pre-make about 100 heart shaped sweet biscuits for a >Children's
>A&S activity where the kids were to decorate them for >afternoon tea at the
>tourney. The biscuits were a basic vanila sugar >recipe - very OOP but
>tasty.
>
>Since I was making these on the Friday night (along with about a squillion
>Almond biscuits (nb - periood recipe) for the adults afternoon tea) I
>decided to make extra and play with a decorating idea that I saw on Olwen's
>webpage (Olwen gave me a few pointers but explained that she hadn't
>actually
>made the stenciled biscuits [sorry - can't find the e that gives the
>creators names - Olwen info please :-)]

That would be Lady Cordelia fitzRobert of York and her daughter Lady Mauve
(which I probably spelled wrong again).  They are both highly skilled and
talented.  I have learned so much from Cordelia and hold her in the highest
regard.  And she is lots of fun too!

Thank you Mari.  I shall pass this along to the cooks guild.