[Sca-cooks] HOW YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS LIST TOO LONG:

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Feb 21 15:06:42 PST 2002

>  > I think it has to do with proper breathing and the management of
>>  one's qi. Ask any martial artist: "Breathe in through the nose, and
>>  cuss out the mouth."
>
>'scuse me whilst I catch my breath and get up from the floor. Owie. Laugh
>'til it hurts.
>
>Avraham
>
>Have to show this one to the boyfriend... he recently had a root canal.

Oh, yeah, it's a well-known principle. Great men throughout the
ages... Chiquart. Audie Murphy. Eddie Giacomin. Jean Shepherd. All
accomplished superhuman feats while producing continuous streams of
obscenity that would make Red Deutsch look like a Sunday-School
teacher.

[I expect everyone will know _all_ the people above, except perhaps
for Red Deutsch, a gravelly-voiced Jersey City bartender who, in the
1970's, was plagued by prank phone calls which were recorded and have
been broadcast widely on the radio, the Internet, in various Jerky
Boys movies and CD's, and as Moe the Bartender on "The Simpsons". Do
a Web search for "Tube Bar".]

Jean Shepherd wrote of his Old Man who, in Shepherd's own childhood,
while removing clinkers from the furnace, "wove a vast tapestry of
obscenity that is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan"...

Adamantius