[Sca-cooks] raised crusts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 22 04:14:10 PST 2002

Convenience, primarily.  Boiling point is a known temperature which can be
reached without measuring.  With a little practice, you can estimate when
the water has cooled sufficiently.  It's a little easier than mucking with a
thermometer waiting for the temperature to reach the 140-160 range.  The
recipe I have used most melts the fat in the water which makes for fastr
cooling.

Bear