[Sca-cooks] Question on Musical Cooking

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sat Feb 23 22:05:04 PST 2002

At 09:51 PM 2/23/02,Vladimir Armbruster said something like:
>Uhm...
>
>I must be the weird one here.
>
>Loreena McKennit, Enya, The Fairy Heart Magic CD's, Celtic Harp, a CD I
>have that I can't rightly identify beyond being Irish/Celtic in origin,
>etc. etc. etc.
>
>That is my selection of music for cooking, cleaning, reading, you name it.
>
>Unless I'm *PISSED OFF*
>
>Then its the Garbage Song 'As heaven is wide'

No, you're not odd or weird at all. While we're in the kitchen site on the
day of the feast we generally run things like Loreena McKennit, Enya
(also), John Belezekian (an angelic ME musician), various bardic selections
(with the NoHolds Bard coming first), followed by filk (Leslie Fisher, OF
COURSE).

If we get hostile and edgy because things are not going smoothly, we put in
Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell 2.  (Life is a Lemon, etc.)

While doing feast preps at home, it's Meatloaf, Bat out of hell 1 OR 2, The
Offspring, Alice Cooper (Welcome to my Nightmare), etc. If I'm on my own in
my own kitchen, I've been known to put Artificial Joy Club on endless
shuffle. You always get a better rhythm going with the  cleaver or hand
crank meat grinder when there's something solid backing you up.

Music helps you concentrate and think things through. I like it.  It also
blots out the noise of mindless distractions ("Mom, whats for OUR dinner?"
"Honey, you ARE going to feed us, right?")

Regards,
Maggie MacD.