[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 26 04:59:33 PST 2002

I can't say I've ever come across yak butter, but I do agree that extra fat
in the diet in sub-zero weather is very useful in keeping the internal
heater going.  I found caribou and moose steak hot off the grill made a nice
breakfast, buttered tea was interesting (but not really my cuppa), and
muktuk (whale blubber) while useable was not exactly a gastronomic delight.

If you ever do find the real McCoy, let me know where.  It will probably be
another of my once in a lifetime experiences.

Bear