[Sca-cooks] Tea water, was raised crusts

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 06:54:42 PST 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> Adamantius commented:
> > Of course, if it's too strong, you _can_ always
> add some rancid yak butter...
>
> Hmmm. This is the second time in the last few days
> that you've
> mentioned this "rancid yak butter". Perhaps this is
> the next
> chic food item like Buffalo Chicken Wings or fajitas
> or lobster.
>
> Where would I find this item?

Possibly in the vicinity of rancid yaks? ;-P

Seriously, Stefan, it's a very traditional method of
making tea in or near Tibet, I believe. Gives it,
according to Europeans and mainstream Chinese, an
oily, salty, nasty taste,, but the tribesmen like it
just fine. Considering the climate, it might be
another method of loading calories into their diets.

Phlip

> --
> THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad
> Kingdom of Ansteorra
>    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas
> stefan at texas.net
> **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: