[Sca-cooks] OT Heralds

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 27 22:55:22 PST 2002

A tired Lainie declared:
> Ok- I read a bunch of posts on Heralds and dragons in drag and...
>
> Just to say this:
>
> It is not the job of an officer (herald, seneschal, Grand Poo-Bah, Chief
> Nose-Picker, etc) to say NO. It is the job of the officer TO FIND A WAY
> TO SAY YES!

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with this statement.

This, to give it a context that folks here may see easier, is like
saying that the officer must find a way to say YES to having
hamburgers and hotdogs at a feast.

If the desired heraldry doesn't follow period rules or is utterly
modern in charges and style, the officer should not be trying to find
a way to allow it.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net