[Sca-cooks] Mammoth was (RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1206 - 13 msgs)

Thu Jan 3 15:02:41 PST 2002

Ah yes, Siberian leftovers.

While I don't recall any "period" or pre-historic recipes for mammoth, there
was one prepared for the Tzar's court in the late 19th or early 20th
Century(IIRC).  If we can locate the recipes, we could try a historic
recreation of a Russian recipe for mammoth, probable prepared by a French
chef.

The thing about ingredients is that you can still find most of them if you
look hard enough.  I used to cook with raw milk, eggs right from the farm,
and range-fed beef when Norman was a little more rural.  Or you could be
like Ras, and grow the heirloom foodstuffs for your recreations.

Considering the way some of this goes, shouldn't that be a brodo of conejos?

Bear