[Sca-cooks] New IronChef competition coming up

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Fri Jan 4 12:53:40 PST 2002

Iron Chef competition in Grimfells, Calontir (Fayetteville Arkansas)

We really need a fourth team to sign up - to maximize
the fun.  We provide the grills - each team gets an identical
grill and charcoal for the grills. We'll even provide expert help in
firing and maintaining the heat in the grills.

Last year was great fun with four teams competing.
The food was excellent, and the judges had a really
hard job when it came to determining the winner.
The weather was beautiful for camping, and maybe
just a little warm during the day.  But, there was much
fun, laughter and more fun.  The judges did such a great
job of keeping secret who won, that we had to bring
Pavel out from his tent where he had gone to rest up
for the evening festivities.

Ohh, and the surprise ingredient for last year's
competition was saffron.  This year - something different -
more difficult.

We are looking for a fourth  team to compete.  A team
consists of 3 to six people.  Team members are not limited
to Calontiri.

The theme is german cookery this year.  So, bring a
copy of your favorite german medieval cookbook.  If
you don't have one - the Calontir Cook's Guild can
loan you one or two sources if arrangements are made
several weeks in advance.

You can look at photos of last year's competition on our
Calontir Cook's guild website.
http://www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/4756/cguildh.htm

We will also be doing a raffle for judging positions again.
Three judging positions are available.  Tickets will again
be a dollar a piece, six for five dollars, 13 for ten dollars.
Money goes to purchase surprise ingredient.  Tickets will
be available at 12th Night, Crown, Clothier's Seminar,
Queen's Prize, Annivesary Event - Deodar, and Coronation
in April. (These are all Calontir events) E-mail me if you cannot
attend these events and you want to purchase tickets.

Winners will be announced at Coronation.

Kateryn de Develyn
Calontir Cook's Guild

dhense at ifmc.org